Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kittrell Riffkind Fused Tile Class!

I mentioned a couple weeks ago visiting a wonderful glass gallery in Dallas, Kittrell Riffkind. My daughter, Ryan, and I took a fused tile class last Saturday. It was wonderful! The teacher was nice and taught us so much in those four hours. Ryan picked it up immediately and set to work on her four tile designs. I had fun and was pleased with my tile design but was frustrated cutting the glass. I'm a hot glass girl so I have never cut glass. Most of the other students had experience in stained glass so they didn't have any problems. Me? Well it's a good thing the teacher was there or I'd still be sitting there. I think she cut all but one of my pieces of glass. Ryan did much better and is really anxious to pick up her tiles after they are fired. She may have found her medium.

I found time last weekend to make some beads too. I have a couple of really nice sets going up as soon as the clouds part so I can take pictures. It will nice when my studio is finished and I can have a photo setup permanently set up inside.

Lastly I just wanted to say how much I am looking forward to the Grapevine Beadmakers meeting this Saturday. It seems there are many more local lampworkers joining the group. A gentleman from the Dallas Craft Guild will be visiting and demoing a goddess bead. Look forward to seeing you all again and meeting the new members!

Have a great week!

Patricia

No comments: